Electric shock

A dog can be electrocuted by chewing an electric cord or when electrical equipment (like your clippers) falls into the bathtub. If your dog receives a shock from either from chewing a cord or having an appliance fall into the tub, don't touch the dog. Use a wooden broom handle or other nonmetal, nonconductive item to unplug the cord.

After you get your dog out of the tub, if she's unconscious, follow the steps in the "Performing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation" section earlier in this chapter, and take your dog to a veterinarian as soon as possible (even if she's conscious).

Was this article helpful?

0 0
Caring For Your Dog

Caring For Your Dog

Understanding the ingredients of your dog's food items is a must for the dog lovers or dog owners. Whenever you feed the dog with different kinds of food items, you should always read the label and understand the contents about the dog feed types that are being used in such commercial preparations. You should understand the ingredients while buying food for your dog and also know what to look for.

Get My Free Ebook


Post a comment